Performing Attic Insulation Removal in your own Attic can be intimidating! Most homeowners have never seen what their attic looks like, let alone have spent a significant amount of time in their dark, cramped attic above the ceiling. It’s where you will need to seek insulation removal services from a professional company.
There is no denying that attic insulation acts as a critical barrier to heat transfer. While many people in San Francisco realize the importance of insulation in their homes, especially during the coldest and hottest months of the year, they may not understand that attic insulation becomes less effective over time.
Whether you have been in the same home for many years or just bought a new house, you might want to check the condition of your attic insulation. Sometimes, old insulation has deteriorated substantially or is no longer working correctly due to being rearranged or unevenly dispersed. In such cases, insulation removal and replacement are likely wise financial decisions over the long term.
Which Are the Top Reasons to Uncover in Seeking Insulation Removal Services?
- Water Damage If there is one thing that will undoubtedly damage your insulation, it is water. When water enters your house through a leak or another damaged component of your house, it dramatically affects your house’s insulation. Whether your insulation is fiberglass, cellulose, mineral wool, or something else, water is nearly impossible to fully extract once it is absorbed by the insulation in the cool, dark attic. It may happen that many Home insulation Contractors try to explain to individuals how insulation is a porous and fibrous substance, so water can be its worst enemy. Not only will it damage the insulation and limit its effectiveness, but it will also contribute to mold and mildew growth which will become a serious health concern for you and your family.
- Fire Damage If your house has experienced a fire in the past, it most likely needs insulation removal. Fire can damage insulation and hinder its ability to work efficiently. Even if the fire did not come in direct contact with the attic insulation, the smell of smoke could become trapped in the insulation and become a massive nuisance for homeowners that can linger for many years if not addressed. If your home has experienced a fire that caused any sort of smoke damage, insulation removal may be necessary.
- Contamination Another common factor compromising the lifespan of insulation is contamination. This may take the form of mold, mildew, or animal droppings. Attics are regularly targeted by wildlife that is seeking a warm, dry place safe from predators. Given the ideal conditions in the attic, wildlife, whether it’s something as small as a mouse or as large as a raccoon, frequently use attics as a home base to have and raise their babies. Mice, rats, squirrels, opossums, and raccoons are the most likely culprits that access homeowners’ attic spaces and leave behind fires and urine, which can carry any number of diseases. These contaminants, which continually build up with the animals in your attic every day, not only bring many hazardous conditions in the feces but can cause all of the same issues as water damage via their urine.
- Damaged or Trampled Insulation Rodent-infested attics usually have insulation that has been walked over and trampled down, which means it is no longer insulating to its fuller capacity. At Attic Pros, our home insulation contractors come across attics that have seen their insulation go from more than13” inches to less than 4”, effectively showing all of their 2”x4” floor joists. Thus, insulation removal becomes highly recommended given the deeply suboptimal insulating impact of the compressed insulation. Sometimes old insulation has been contaminated or is no longer working properly; insulation removal services may be sought in cases like this. You may need insulation removal services for many reasons, and all are important reasons to act on quickly.
What is Actually there in an Insulation Process?
Insulation removal can be done best with Attic cleaning service professionals. At Attic Pros, we deal with simple to harder attic insulation removal. The process will most likely go like this:
- The insulation company’s team members will visit your property to assess the condition of your attic insulation. They will identify problem areas in your attic and suggest the best possible solutions.
- If the insulation is severely contaminated or there are signs of water and thus possible mildew, they will likely recommend immediate insulation removal. Once the removal and reinstallation date is scheduled, their team will arrive and safely remove the old insulation.
- Suppose you contract an animal removal company such as Attic Pros. In that case, we will sanitize the attic once we have it down to the bare decking, killing all the germs and micro-bacteria that might be carrying diseases as well as all of the pheromone’s biological markers, and urine markers that would just reattract other rodents for years to come.
- Once the attic is clear, the insulation company should go through it again with a fine-toothed comb, sealing all the cracks and gaps with spray foam to ensure your attic is air-tight.
- At least at Attic Pros, we will cover all lights with flame-retardant material. Hence, the insulation is not simply leaning against the warm metal can light and its wiring, presenting a fire hazard.
- After completing all of the above, your attics are ready for insulation installation.
Leave Insulation Removal to the Experts
With many potential risks, taking out the attic insulation at your San Francisco home isn’t a good idea. It’s much better to leave the work to a company specializing in Attic Insulation Removal in San Francisco. At Attic Pros, we look for each flaw in insulation removal services and try to offer individuals the best of services at the same. Our process of getting started on securing your attic space is hassle-free and involves us checking out the space, providing you with a free on-site estimate, and getting your approval from work done. To know more, connect us!