Transform Your Crawl Space: From Damp and Dingy to Safe and Healthy
If you notice any dampness coming from your home’s crawl space, that’s your sign to get a professional crawl space encapsulation service. About half of a house’s indoor air comes from the crawl space. In addition, these areas are exposed to outside elements. As such, it must be in the proper condition to protect your family’s health.
Whether you’re a homeowner or an investor in the Bay Area with property built over a crawl space, AtticPros is ready to help. We use professional tools and methods to transform crawl spaces from dingy to healthy, ensuring every inhabitant’s safety while staying indoors. Let us inspect your property and determine your options.
Signs You Need Crawl Space Encapsulation
If you are unsure whether you need professional crawl space maintenance services, pay attention to your home’s surroundings. Here are common warning signs that your property may need crawl space encapsulation:
- Musty Odor: If your home smells stale and unclean, there may be dampness or a mold problem somewhere. Musty odors are also signs of decay in your home, making immediate action important.
- Wall Condensation: Inspect your home’s walls and see if any part shows wet stains or discoloration. Condensation on your walls likely signal mold and mildew growth behind them. Be sure to call a professional before these issues get worse.
- High Energy Bills: Poorly-maintained crawl spaces can lead to high energy bills due to inefficient insulation and improper air circulation. Review your recent energy bills and confirm whether they reflect your activity. Otherwise, your crawl space may be compromised.
- High Humidity Levels: Your crawl space may be facing issues if your home frequently feels humid. If your regular methods cannot seem to control the levels, our team can thoroughly inspect your home and identify the problem, which likely traces down to your crawl space.
- Pests: Unmaintained crawl spaces can invite pests to build nests and eventually find their way inside your home. If you leave them to fester, they can carry their diseases into the rest of your property and infect inhabitants. Save your health by cleaning your crawl space.
- Structural Damage: As the area beneath your home, any issues with your crawl space can affect the entire foundation. Excess moisture can cause significant damage to your property, which can be expensive to recover. Instead, equip your home with measures that prevent these issues.
Benefits of Crawl Space Encapsulation
Some advantages you can get from proper crawl space encapsulation include:
- Control Moisture Levels: Improve your home’s air quality with a fully functional crawl space encapsulation system that minimizes moisture and keeps indoor air safe.
- Save Utility Bills: Proper indoor crawl space insulation can help you save money by controlling heat transfer, reducing your need to use your HVAC.
- Prevent Structural Repairs: With better moisture control and energy efficiency in your home, you reduce your need for extra repairs.
Get Started: Contact Us To Install a Proper Crawl Space Encapsulation System
If you notice any signs associated with a damaged crawl space, contact our professional crew to encapsulate yours today. We will assess your property and recommend the best solution that makes sense for you. Contact us today for more information!