Attic Blown Insulation Mill Valley
Improve your home insulation with Attic Pros Attic Blown Insulation Mill Valley. We offer a range of attic-blown insulation solutions!
Contact us now to schedule your free inspection and get your quote immediately.
“They did exactly what they said they would do. Polite people at all levels. Nico explained what they could do with our attic insulation inquiry...”
Anna Gabriela Mendoza
What Is Attic-Blown Insulation And How Does It Work?
Attic-blown insulation is a type of insulation blown into your attic space through a hose. This method is typically used to replace inefficient, damaged, or old insulation in attics and can also be used to install attic insulation for new construction projects.
The blown-in insulation material consists of small particles of rock wool, cellulose, or fiberglass which are blown into the attic with a machine. This creates an air-tight seal that prevents warm/cool air from escaping and keeps your home comfortable all year round.
When blown-in insulation is installed properly it can help lower energy costs by making your home more energy efficient and reduce noise pollution coming from outside sources. Blown-in insulation also helps reduce the number of pollutants entering your home.
For insulation replacement, call Attic Pros if your blown-in insulation is not working properly
What Are The Benefits Of Attic Blown Insulation?
- Improved Energy Efficiency: Attic-blown insulation can help you save money on energy bills by reducing the amount of energy needed to heat and cool your home. By blocking out outside hot air, attic-blown insulation helps keep your home temperature consistently comfortable as well as increase the R-value or thermal resistance of your attic space.
- Crawl Space Cleaning: Attic-blown insulation helps keep crawl spaces free from pests and rodents. The insulation particles are too small for any pests or rodents to crawl through, leaving your crawl space clear of unwanted visitors.
- Improved Air Quality: Blown-in insulation can improve indoor air quality through air ducts and trapping airborne pollutants and preventing them from entering your home. The insulation also helps control moisture and prevents mold growth in your crawl space or attic.
- Soundproofing: Attic-blown insulation can help soundproof your home by blocking outside noises, making it easier to enjoy peace and quiet while at home.
- Long Lasting: Attic-blown insulation is known for its durability and can last for many years without needing to be replaced. It also resists damage from pests, mold, mildew, water, and other environmental factors.
How Long Does Blown-In Insulation Last?
The lifespan of blown-in insulation depends on a few factors, such as the type and quality of insulation used, the climate in which it is installed, and how well-maintained it is. Generally speaking, blown-in insulation can last for decades provided that it is not damaged or disturbed.
If you live in an area with hot summers and cold winters, you may need to check and replace your insulation more often. Additionally, if you notice any signs of deterioration or damage, such as sagging or settling, it is important to address these issues quickly in order to ensure maximum insulation performance over time. Properly installed and maintained blown-in insulation can last for decades and provide substantial energy savings.
Fully Licensed & Insured
The most effective way to insulate an attic is to use spray foam insulation. Spray foam has the advantage of being able to fill tight spaces and form an airtight seal that other insulation materials cannot achieve. It also has superior thermal performance, meaning it can keep the heat inside your home during winter and the cool air in during summer.
It is important to keep the attic free of items that can accumulate moisture and cause mold growth, as well as attract pests. Items that should not be stored in the attic include cardboard boxes, newspapers, fabrics and blankets, and food items. Additionally, any hazardous materials such as paint cans or solvents should not be kept in the attic, as these can create health hazards.
Locally owned and operated
Proudly serving the Greater Bay Area
East Palo Alto
Half Moon Bay
North Fair Oaks
South San Francisco
Schedule your FREE inspection and estimate right away!